- 1¼ cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1¼ cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 4½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter 12-cup Bundt pan. Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Set nut mixture aside. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and 1½ cups sugar in large bowl until blended. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and sour cream alternately into butter mixture in 3 additions. Beat batter on high one minute.
Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Spoon 1/3 of batter over. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Spoon remaining batter over.
Bake cake until tester inserted near center come out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Cut around pan side to loosen cake. Turn cake out onto rack and cool one hour. Transfer to platter.
Whisk powdered sugar and milk in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.NOTE: Can be prepared one day a head. Cool completely. Wrap in foil and let stand at room temperature.